A Montessori wardrobe is a minimalist and child sized wardrobe designed to make your child independent and self-reliant. If you have been struggling to get your child dressed for the day or have been overwhelmed by the number of clothing options available and unsure how to organize your child’s clothing, then the Montessori wardrobe is what your home needs.
Why does your child need their own wardrobe?
- Just like the Montessori Shelf, the wardrobe serves as a designated space for your child to keep their clothing and related accessories.
- When their things are accessible to them, it aids in the development of independence.
- The wardrobe gives your child the freedom to make a choice but within the limits of the choices you’ve put out for them.
- The wardrobe makes it easy for them to practice the essential life skills of dressing and undressing.
- The wardrobe is designed to serve as visual reminder of what goes where, thereby help your child to put their own things back.
- As the wardrobe is at their height, it encourages them to take responsibility for organizing and keep things in order as well.
- The wardrobe encourages your child to develop their own sense of style and fashion which are essential tools of self-expression.
- Maintaining a wardrobe involves several activities like folding clothes and putting them in, hanging clothes on the hanger, taking them off the hanger – these activities are great to develop fine and gross motor skills, and coordination.
- Letting your child manage their own wardrobe also shows them that you trust them and respect them.
- Taking care of their own needs develops a sense of self- confidence and increases your child’s self-esteem.