So to all the parents out there, a quick info: It is the sensation of touch that a baby recognizes and uses the most in the first 24 months. And the colour factor which parents believe to be crucial is often secondary, as the child takes minimum five months to start spotting the
So the power of touch is undeniable!
As toddlers use touch as their primary way of learning, what they touch has prime importance. Let them, from an early stage, try to touch nature as much as possible; let it be running around in grass, playing in sand or playing with Eco-friendly toys. It is here parents need to understand the benefits of wooden toys. Wooden toys are the closest a baby can come in touch with nature on a daily basis in this modern world.
Here are some benefits of wooden toys that make it a must buy for any baby out there:
- Wooden toys aid gross motor and fine motor skills better than their plastic counterparts as they are made of more concrete material.
- They are durable and are very easy to maintain. All you have to do is wipe it with a clean cloth.
- Wooden toys help to reconnect with nature. Like an extended quality it also helps in kindling the imagination and in the holistic growth of the child.
- Another advantage is its antibacterial and anti-fungal qualities which makes it absolutely all right even if your little munchkin decide to use the toy as a teether!
- Wooden toys are often chemical free. Just make sure you buy it from certified manufacturers.